Geico claims rep. interview/test?

Postby prewitt » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

So I have an an interview tomorrow at geico for claims representative, and I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me more details about the interview and test so that I'm more prepared?
prewitt

Postby sion90 » Mon Feb 12, 1996 6:59 am

Below are interview experiences including questions shared by applicants who interviewed for Claims Representatives at Geico. Good Luck!

Claims Service Representative at GEICO-Received and Accepted Offer
Interviewed May 2012 in Woodbury, NY (took 2 days)
I started the application online and it was lengthy so I stopped but then they emailed me that they were interested in the information I submitted so far and to continue the application. Once I submitted it they emailed me immediately to do the personality assessment and set up a phone interview. The phone interview went smooth and I went in the following day for the computer skills test. I passed and went on to complete a 1 to 1 interview. The person that interviewed me told me I was over qualified for the position and she told me I should apply for Liability claims. I came in the next day to interview for that position but they had just gave it to someone else, I was a little bummed out but then the HR manager told me he really liked me and suggested me for a different department. I shadowed someone then interviewed with a supervisor then with the manager and supervisor where the offer was made. All in all it was a relatively average interview process. Not too hard, not too easy. I accepted the offer then completed my background check, drug screen and physical.
Interview Questions
Why Geico? Why this position?
Are you interviewing for any other jobs?

Interviewed Mar 2012 (took 2 days)
The hiring process was pretty brutal. They want to make sure that they hire the right people fit for the job, so its understandable why they're picky. I applied online, got an email the next day requesting a phone interview and was subsequently asked to come in to the location. I was given a computer test, interview with supervisor, simulation test, brief job shadowing, and interview with panel. They then processed background/credit check (lasted about a week) was scheduled to come in for a drug test.
Interview Questions
Your degree is in another field... why switch?
Please describe why you would be the best candidate for the position?

Interviewed Nov 2011 (took 2 weeks)
I applied online, scheduled a phone interview which went well. I was scheduled to come in for the next steps. I took a personality assessment, computer tests about systems, and typing test. I was told that I passed then went for a one on one interview. After that I did a role play where I went in a room and received a phone call pretending to be a claims representative. I passed that then came in for a final interview.
Interview Questions
What would be the hardest part of this job?
Why claims?
What do you plan to do with this degree once you obtain it?
why do you want to work here, (talk about the importance of providing outstanding customer service and your dedication to fulfilling that area)
Panel interview: Why should we hire you? (talk about your desire to go above and beyond, your experiences and accomplishments and how you could be an added benefit to the team)
What would be the least favorite thing about your job as a claims specialiast?
Training is 6 months and you are not allowed to miss any days, do you have anything planned during these 6 months?
sion90

Postby altman23 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:29 am

So I have an an interview tomorrow at geico for claims representative, and I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me more details about the interview and test so that I'm more prepared?
altman23

Return to General Chatter